Blueforce is advertising for an experienced technician to join our growing team. The role will be responsible for commissioning and servicing a wide variety of projects across WA, including but not limited to Security, Access Control, CCTV, Intercom, Fire and Emergency Help.
To apply for this role, please email a current CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria (listed below) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4.00pm, Friday 7th September 2018.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for all commissioning and servicing activities on commercial projects throughout Western Australia including but not limited to Security, Access Control, CCTV, Intercom, Fire and Emergency Help.
You will be a detail-focused individual working with an experienced and diverse team. You will ensure all aspects of installation, commissioning and customer hand-over are executed efficiently. You will work in accordance with industry regulations and best practice guidelines, with a focus on superior customer service.
A wide variety of locations across the Perth Metro Area and regional Western Australia. Occasional interstate travel may be required.
This position is a full-time position (Monday – Friday), totalling 80 hours per fortnight. After hours work will be required on an ad hoc basis.
Commissioning / Service
- Installation, commissioning, trouble-shooting and ongoing maintenance of systems and associated equipment in a professional and timely manner;
- Undertaking of preventative, corrective and project works;
- Managing and assisting with the hand-over of completed projects;
- Adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements and the application of these standards;
- Maintenance of documents and data in accordance with statutory and industry regulations;
- Completion of relevant documentation to ensure operation of onsite and company-wide systems;
- Maintenance of site-specific documentation and quality assurance information;
- Minimisation of risk via rigid adherence to contracts, operational procedures and other guidelines;
- Assistance with after hours and emergency requirements, including rotating on-call service roster;
- Completion of preventative maintenance and other service requirements;
- Informing team members, Project Manager, and Operations Manager of progress of works;
- Representation of Blueforce in a professional and favourable and well-presented manner;
- Driving customer satisfaction via liaison with customers, their representatives and service recipients;
- Ensuring delivery of value to customers, including via delivery of effective customer training;
- Effectively responding to technical queries and direction from customers, suppliers and supervisors;
- Effectively responding to, and escalating customer queries (including accurately recording requirements and passing details on to the relevant party where required);
- Maintaining cleanliness and safe operation of all company assets, equipment and working areas;
- Filing and maintenance of paperwork;
- Other duties as directed by the Project Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Possess a current and valid WA Driver’s Licence;
- Possess a current and valid WA Security Installer and Consultant License;
- Possess a current and valid Open Cabling Registration from a recognised national provider;
- Possess a current and valid WA Construction induction (White Card).
- Possess an Australian National Police Check issued within the past 24 months;
- Possess a current and valid Elevated Work Platform License from a recognised provider;
- Possess a current and valid WA High Risk Work License from a recognised provider;
- Hold Structured and Coaxial endorsements as part of a recognised Open Cabling Registration;
- Hold inductions and registrations for core products / systems (Integriti, Concept 4000, Challenger V8, Challenger V10, Prowatch, Hikvision CCTV, Geutebruck, Avigilon CCTV, Wireless Network Solutions)
Qualities & Competencies (Essential)
- Proven experience in a similar role;
- Proven experience and familiarity with products and systems relevant to trade;
- Working knowledge of facility maintenance and project installation requirements;
- Working knowledge of Building Codes, Occupational Health & Safety and Australian Standards;
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and quality assurance relevant to the trade;
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrate a strong customer service ethic and commitment to see jobs and tasks completed;
- Demonstrate ongoing professional personal presentation;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as an effective team member;
- Ability to handle and solve customer and supplier enquiries and concerns;
- Ability to work under pressure while remaining accurate in all duties;
- Ability to identify, manage and adapt to changing priorities;
- Proactive in ensuring all tasks are undertaken in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures;
- Proactive in ensuring all tasks are undertaken in the most effective and efficient manner.
Qualities & Competencies (Desirable)
- Prior knowledge of working with SimPRO.
Based in Tuart Hill, Western Australia, Blueforce is a leading integrator of security, life safety and connectivity solutions across Australia, including security systems, access control, CCTV, intercom, media integration, and medical alarms. Our services deliver to all markets, including residential, commercial, aged care, health and industrial.
We make a difference for our customers by delivering solutions to substantially improve their security, productivity, and wellbeing. We make a difference for our staff by investing heavily in skills development and a dynamic and rewarding workplace. We make a difference in our community by being actively involved in youth development, voluntary work and social initiatives.
For enquiries about this role, please contact Liz Howard (Communications) or Nick Longman (Operations Manager) on 1300 731 716